Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Having another good moment . . .
so I am content. Have stopped antibiotics regimen. Never was fighting any infection. Doctors now think that I have "tumor fever". Still have the high temperature, but learning how to "manage them" before they get too high. I am miserable & in pain until the fever breaks, but doctors tell me it is "good pain" because it means that the chemo drugs are still destroying the cancer cells. Doctors are pleased that I am having a "robust response" to the treatments. Apparently, my body is "taking the scenic route" & is still working even though the doctors thought the chemo cycle was completed several weeks ago. (smile) Still experience severe fatigue, but not as frequent now. I was unprepared for that side effect, although the liver doctor warned me about it. I just thought "come on - how much more tired can I possibly get?!" Obviously, I was wrong. Here is an example of my "athletic ability" right now. I am so tired after peeling a grapefruit that I have to take a 4 hour nap before I can eat it. Then I nap again after eating it. I see the medical oncologist this Friday to see when we start the systemic chemo treatment again. Hope that you & your families have a peaceful and healthy 2012! Please take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's frustrating when your mind wants to 'get going' and live life when the body has other plans. We're keeping you in our positive thoughts and prayers. Naps are good. Let us know when your energy returns - we'll plan a get together with the gang. :) Diane, Gene, Garrett, Caitlin & Laurann
ReplyDelete