Friday, November 25, 2011

Feeling better . .

this week.  Thank you for all of the cards and words of encouragement.  I went into a "dark place" for a while & you all yanked me out of it!  Thank you so much for "hearing" me.   Went to a follow-up medical appointment with the liver specialist.  Told him I was not recovering well & that I had no quality of life.   Things have to change.  He agreed.  The two doctors said that they did not implement an "aggressive treatment" plan.  They know that they were "brutal" to me.  For the past 2 months, I was inunated with chemo drugs every week with no time to recover from each treatment.  If the chemo drugs were "smart" & just destroyed the cancer cells, I would have had some quality of life.  Unfortunately, it destroys both healthy and cancerous cells.  Doctors will give me some time to recover now.  Or as they said "to feel human and alive again instead of a science experiment."  Will run tests either end of December or in January to maximize the effectiveness of each chemo treatment with time.   Will keep you posted.  Enjoy the joys of the holiday season and don't get in the way of those crazy shoppers.  (smile)  I am blessed to have you all as my support system.   Thank you for your continued warmth and friendships.  Take care.  Hugs and love.

1 comment:

  1. Ginny, so glad you are feeling better. You are a fighter and we are all behind you! Much love to you, Kathy

    ReplyDelete