Friday, October 21, 2011

Well, I recovered from the liver embo just in time for my systemic chemo today.  Impeccable timing, huh?  The doctor wanted me to be very comfortable & not experience discomfort so I was heavily medicated in the hospital.  When I got home, I was blindsided by the pain and severe fatigue (which are all normal).  I was in bed 24/7 for several days.  I didn't think that I could sleep so much!  Anyways, the surgery went well.  He worked on the larger half of the liver this time.   It is nice to see another piece of furniture other than a bed as I am able to move around the house now.  (smile)  My weight is stable.   So, the next couple of weeks will be about trying to elevate my WBC count, avoid an infection, & get strong for the next liver embo on 11/9.   Will draw blood for tumor marker on 10/28.   Next systemic chemo is on 11/18.   Thank you to the soccer & school parents as well as our family for getting Christopher to and from all of his numerous activities.   We are immensely grateful for your support & assistance.    Also, thank you to everyone for your continued prayers & warm healing thoughts.  I am fortunate to have such a loving, caring & large support system (which includes the medical team caring for me).   Wishing everyone good health and peace.  Please take care.
Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment